Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site and over phone lines. Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- We are Parker Kitchens Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales trading under Appliance Supermarket. Our company registration number is 08000702 and our registered office is at Parker Kitchens Ltd, The Old Cattle Market, Watling Street East, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6HN. Our registered VAT number is 787 6767 47.
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01327 227088 or by writing to us at
- email@example.com or Parker Kitchens Ltd, The Old Cattle Market, Watling Steer East, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6HN.
- All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery and credit card transaction charges.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
- Please note that prices go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your delivery is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any products you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and have already paid for the products we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will cancel the order and refund you any sums you have paid.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards (except Diners Club cards). We also accept any debit card and PayPal.
- We do not accept cheque payments.
- Full payment for your products is taken when a new order is created
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- Voucher codes are occasionally issued by Appliance Supermarket. See each promotion page for individual promotion terms and conditions.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- We deliver to England, Scotland and Wales (not Ireland).
- Standard delivery by Appliance Supermarket is free for products of any value over £250; however, we may charge for delivery by third party couriers and for extras such as two-man delivery, room of choice delivery, installation or recycling.
- Delivery options and costs will be clearly displayed once you have the shipping section of our checkout. Some regions will require an additional charge (such as the Isle of Wight or Scottish Highlands), if you have orders from these locations we will contact you to option the additional delivery charge. For these charges please see our Delivery Information
- Upon delivery, a signature will be required.
- Before signing for your delivery, please inspect your delivery for any signs of damage whatsoever. Any damages must be noted with our delivery partners when being signed for. Any signs of damage not noted when signing for your delivery cannot be claimed for as "damages in transit" and are therefore are non-refundable from us, or from our delivery partner, as any damage brought to our attention, without being noted when signing for your delivery, may have occurred following receipt of your goods, not in transit.
- We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. However, delivery dates may be delayed by events outside our control (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant products, as no claims will be accepted. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering the products.
- The day before delivery our delivery partner will endeavour to advise all customers of an estimated delivery timeslot.
- You will be notified of your delivery timeslot by email or text the day before delivery providing you have given us sufficient contact details.
- Our delivery partners will call with an estimated arrival time before 10am on the day of delivery providing you have given us sufficient contact details.
- You cannot choose your own delivery timeslot as these are allocated by our automated route planning system. Once issued your timeslot cannot be changed.
- Timeslots are estimates, actual delivery times can be earlier or later due to circumstances beyond our control. This means someone must be present at the delivery address all day and able to accept the products upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- Timeslots may sometimes be rescheduled, or adjusted by our couriers, sometimes on the day of delivery.
- Changes to delivery time slots are out of our control and should be addressed with our courier directly using the delivery information provided.
- A minimum failed delivery charge of £28 may be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to - but not limited to - any of the following reasons:
- You cancel the order after the point at which the products have been loaded for delivery at our warehouse.
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery partner.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your chosen day of delivery.
- There are parking restrictions or other access problems (e.g. stairs or narrow doorways) which you failed to notify our telesales operators of. By purchasing you are agreeing that there are no such access or parking restrictions which we should be aware of.
- Our partnered carrier DX will be able to deliver up 3 flights of stairs only when an elevator is not available and when you choose one of our “room of choice” delivery services.
- Whilst our own drivers are happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property.
- We do not allow customers under any circumstances to assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the products to the address given by you once you have signed for your delivery.
- In the case that you have not received delivery from our delivery partner (in the cases where we ship to you nationally using a 3rd party carrier), once you have informed us of your missing parcel we will then enter into an investigation process with the carrier which can take up to 60 days. During this time we will not be able to offer a refund or replacement of the product until the investigation is complete (as the carrier may locate the parcel and deliver in to you once investigated). Once the investigation by the carrier is complete and they have confirmed that your package has been either lost or stolen we will either offer you a replacement for your missing item or provide a full refund.
- Damaged and Faulty Goods
- We will supply products that are in conformance with this contract and nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- If you discover that the products which you have received are faulty, you should notify us immediately. You have the right to a full refund if a fault is discovered within 30 days of delivery.
- Unwanted Products
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after receipt of the products, without giving a reason. You may use the Model Cancellation Form attached at the Schedule to these terms (which you can send to us by email or post to the address above) but you do not have to. Installation fees are a service which is non-refundable should you wish to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt. Charges to uninstall appliances will be applied at the same cost as installation.
- You have the choice of returning smaller products via your own means (at your own cost to Parker Kitchens Ltd, The Old Cattle Market, Watling Steer East, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6HN.), or larger products, requesting that we collect them. We will charge you the direct cost to us of collection, which is £35 per item for washing machine size products, or £65 for range cookers and americans. We may however choose to reduce the collection charge if you are purchasing another product from us.
- You have a duty of care while the products are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
- The products received back are 'as new' but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- Any other handling including installation of the products which has diminished the value of the products e.g. damage or wear and tear. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and within 14 days of the cancellation date.
- Additional Services
- If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We make a charge for this service to cover collection and transportation.
- Additional services which have been ordered but are then declined upon delivery are non-refundable, as we allocate space for these services on our delivery vehicles. This includes 'Room of Choice Delivery', 'Recycling' and 'Connection / Installation’.
- We offer an installation service in some areas. Please see our installation terms and conditions for more details about this service.
- If a connection fails because the customer did not inform of us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the reasons mentioned on the installation terms and conditions page we reserve the right to make a failed connection charge (see “summary of charges” below).
- Accuracy of Product Information
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
- Data Security
- We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products;
- to identify you in the future should you need to contact us regarding your purchase;
- to notify you in the unlikely event of a manufacturer's safety notice or product recall;
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK when processing any personal data which you provide.
- Manufacturer Guarantees and Extended Warranties
- All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years' cover. We are an agent of Euronics and where required, please choose Euronics as your retailer for items purchased from Appliance Supermarket when registering warranties.
- Governing Law
- These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms or the contract between us shall be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below.
If you feel that we have not been able to resolve your complaint, you can access the EU Online Dispute Resolution platform here ec.europa.eu/odr
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to register a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Find out more at ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Summary of Charges
Should you not be available to receive your delivery, then the following re-delivery charges apply, based on the delivery option selected and which region you reside:
- Delivery To Doorstep: £28
- Delivery To Room Of Choice: £43
- Delivery To Doorstep + Recycling: £53
- Delivery To Room Of Choice + Recycling: £68
- Delivery + Installation: £73
- Delivery, Installation + Recycling: £93
Plus, the below cost added to the delivery method above for the below regions:
- London, Cornwall and Devon: £2.50
- Scotland (General): £8
- Scottish Highlands and Grampian Regions: £20
- Scottish Offshore Islands: £85
- Channel Islands and The Isle of Man: £113
- The Isle of Wight: £15
- All other regions: £0
Should our delivery provider be unable to deliver these items for a second time and have to return your products to us (for reasons laid out in 5.b of these conditions) then the above charges will apply twice.
MODEL CANCELLATION FORM
To Parker Kitchens Ltd, The Old Cattle Market, Watling Steer East, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6HN. or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following products [insert description of the products bought].
Ordered on [insert date]/received on [insert date].
Customer signature (only if this form is completed on paper):
The Old Cattle Market
Watling Steer East
VAT Reg. No.: 787 6767 47
Company No.: 08000702