- Vertical Surround Engine
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support
- Built-in dual subwoofer
- 4K HDR and Dolby Vision pass-through
Enhance your audio with this 2.1 channel Sony soundbar. It features a range of modes to adapt to what you're watching, and will improve the sound of all the best TV shows and films.
The item will need the following connection(s)
- Height: 6.4 cm
- Width: 89 cm
- Depth: 9.6 cm
Sony's latest technology lets you hear sound from every direction, and enjoy the thrill of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. The Vertical Surround Engine reproduces cinematic surround sound all around you, even from above. Experience all of your favourite films in maximum 7.1.2 channel audio, thanks to the advanced digital signal processing - it upscales your sound with just a click of your remote.
This soundbar combines two speakers with a built-in, dual subwoofer, so you can get all the richness of deep bass without any extra equipment. Music is made more immersive and you'll always receive the fullest range of sound.
No matter what you're watching, the Sony HTX8500CEK has the perfect mode to enhance your entertainment, at the press of a button:
- Cinema: feel every moment, as sound travels around you and draws you into the experience.
- Music: hear your favourite songs in vivid quality and fine detail.
- Game: improve your performance and spatial awareness with audio cues coming from all around.
- News: make sure you always get the whole story, as voices are brought out over background music and effects.
- Sport: enjoy matches to the utmost with fine-tuned ambient noise, so you feel part of the crowd while also hearing the commentators.
Make the Most of Your Entertainment
This Sony soundbar is made for your home cinema, featuring a 4K HDR pass through and working with formats such as Dolby Vision. You can watch films in amazing 4K quality at any time. Plus, the slim black design makes it a subtle, complementary addition to your entertainment setup.
Discover a world of connectivity with the HTX8500CEK. Link up your games console or Blu-ray player with the two HDMI ports, and make use of the USB port. You can even send audio to your soundbar wirelessly, or pair your smart devices and stream playlists with Bluetooth.
This model is wall-mountable, so you can place it wherever looks best in your home. Revolutionise your entertainment experiences with the HTX8500CEK - buy yours today.
|Sound System||Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Dual Mono
DTS-HD High Resolution
DTS-HD Master Audio
S-Force PRO Front Surround
Dolby Virtual Speaker
|Weight (Approximate)||5 kg|
|Product Type||Flat Soundbar|
|Package Contents||2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Single Sound Bar With Built-In Subwoofer | HT-X8500
Batteries for Remote Commander
Quick Setup Guide
|Features||Vertical Surround Engine:Vertical Surround Engine delivers all around sound
Dolby Atmos? and DTS:X? support: Immerse yourself in 3 Dimensional sound
Built-in dual subwoofer:No need for an external unit
4K HDR and Dolby Vision pass-through: Lossless 4K HDR and Dolby Vision pass-through
Slim, low-profile design complements your TV
Buttons for sound modes for enhanced movies, music, gaming, news and sport
Wireless connectivity with Bluetooth
|Shipping Height||16 cm|
|Shipping Width||94.9 cm|
|Shipping Depth||17 cm|
|Additional Information||Wall mountable
power consumption: 32W
Doorstep deliveries are free on all products over £250.
Add these delivery options at checkout:
- Room of choice delivery (including unwrap and remove packaging) - Additional £15
- Recycling of your old appliance - Additional £25
- Room of choice delivery plus installation of your new appliance (including unwrap and remove packaging). - Additional £45 (freestanding), or £100 (integrated (built-in)). See installation information for more details.
Delivery options and prices can be found at checkout in any combination of the above options, or simply choose doorstep delivery for free!
Dispatch times are based on expected delivery dates from our supplier, some products will be stocked-in for immediate dispatch.
Expected dispatch dates can be found on our product pages, or by filtering by availability in our left hand navigation (or in the filter dropdown on mobile) when browsing our ranges.
After placing your order we will contact you within 1 working day to provide an expected dispatch date.
Orders are typically delivered 2 working days from dispatch, with delivery arranged directly with you by our delivery partners.
We deliver right across England, Scotland and Wales. The following regions will incur an additional charge for delivery on top of your chosen delivery service:
- Scottish Highlands and Grampian Regions: £20
- Scottish Offshore Islands: £85
- Channel Islands and The Isle of Man: £113
- The Isle of Wight: £15
If you live in one of these regions, please purchase as normal and we will be in touch to take the additional payment for delivery to these locations if required.
Large Appliance Deliveries
Large appliances (dishwashers, fridge freezers, etc.) will be delivered by DX our large appliance carrier, the delivery process is below:
- On dispatch we will provide you with a DX consignment number for your delivery.
- Delivery will typically take place 2 working days following dispatch (however this sometimes can change based on DX delivery schedules).
- DX will provide you with a 2-hour estimated delivery window the day before delivery.
- DX will call 30-60 minutes delivery to let you know they are on their way.
- Should you wish to change or reschedule your DX delivery, you can contact DX directly using the consignment number provided.
Small Appliance Deliveries
Small appliances (Dyson's, microwaves, etc.) will be delivered by UPS, our small appliance carrier.
- On dispatch we will provide you with a UPS tracking number for your delivery.
- UPS will deliver directly to your home, or delivery to a local UPS access point if you are unable to sign for your delivery.
- Should you wish to change or reschedule your UPS delivery, you can contact UPS directly using the tracking number provided.
Delivery to Flats
We will happily deliver to flats or apartment building, and we will climb a maximum of three flights of stairs with your appliance should an elevator not be available to use.
*Dispatch times indicated are estimates and subject to change based on stock availability from our suppliers.
We install integrated & freestanding kitchen appliances in the below regions:
Kitchen Appliance Installation Pricing:
|Washing Machines||£ 45.00||£ 100.00|
|Dishwashers||£ 45.00||£ 100.00|
|Tumble Dryers||£ 45.00||£ 100.00|
|Refrigeration||£ 45.00||£ 100.00|
|American Fridge Freezers||£ 100.00||£ 100.00|
|Cookers||£ 100.00||£ 100.00|
|Old Appliance Removal (add)||£ 25.00||£ 25.00|
(An additional delivery charge of £10 applies to appliances under £250.)
As part of this service we will:
- Unpack your new product, remove and recycle the packaging
- Connect the new appliance to existing pipework or electric supply.
- Install your appliance, level and fit neatly in the space allocated.
Before ordering installation, you should ensure that:
- Your appliance will fit into the existing space
- There is easy access to the existing pipework
- Your stop valves are working correctly (for connection of any wet appliance)
- Uninterrupted access to pipework from where the appliance is sited
- There is sufficient access for ventilation tubes (tumble dryers)
What we do not do:
- Make any alterations to existing plumbing or electrical connections.
- Connect the appliance if it puts the fitter or customer at risk.
- Plumb two waste pipes into one waste connection.
- Connect the appliance if it does not meet safety guidelines.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.